So, you’ve made it through the selection criteria for that dream job… congrats!
The interview is coming up fast and you need to start preparing
But what will they ask me?
Skills and experience right?
Well, not totally, but trust me, there was a lot more to the interview process than I thought.
I have complied a list of the interview questions I was asked when attending an interview for a recent public relations position.
Some of these questions surprised me, some threw me, and some I was well prepared for.
I hope this helps out some of my fellow graduates/job seekers out there!
- Why have you chosen to apply here?
- What brought you to our brand?
- What area of PR do you like the most and what area do you dislike the most? i.e. Crisis communications, media relations, etc..
- What area needs the most improvement?
- How do you find yourself at working individually and in groups – which do you prefer?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What is your educational background?
- What is your experience so far?
- What are some of your career goals?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Which do you prefer – non-profit organisations, beauty and lifestyle, sports, retail, consumer goods or events?
Please keep in mind I have removed some specific questions I was asked and tried to keep this list as general as possible.
I think the most important thing I learnt in interviews is to be genuine.
Sell yourself for who you really are, not someone else!
Once you’ve landed your first job, if you want to know how to STAND OUT in an internship and succeed, read about that here
If anyone has any more questions please do not hesitate to contact me here or comment below